PORTLAND, Oregon – This April, the Specialty Coffee Expo and Re:co Symposium will be held in Portland, Oregon on the west coast of the United States. Gathering the greatest minds and most influential thinkers in the coffee industry, Re:co Symposium will be held on April 22nd and 23rd, just prior to the Expo. Through a mixture of speakers, interactive experiences and opportunities for conversation, Re:co looks at the specialty coffee market, the challenges we face and some of the solutions we have.
It shines a light on opportunities for growth and development and delves into how these can be approached. Agronomists, economists, chemists, writers, analysts, producers, roasters, baristas, and coffee’s most influential voices take the stage, providing leadership and inspiration through incredible talks.
But, the Re:co Symposium is also known for its exceptional coffee service
Conceived and operated by the Barista Guild, coffees are specially selected, prepared and served by a talented group of the industry’s finest representatives. As with past years, the organizers are busy designing a service that showcases the heights of the barista profession, coffee quality and service for a customer base unrivaled in its coffee knowledge and influence.
This year’s concept is being developed to showcase transparency and traceability within the coffee value chain, and the role a barista and the café space play in representing and communicating that scope. Bar designs, menu designs, décor and service styles will all be in service of this focus, whilst ensuring drinks are delicious and service is on point.
Qualified baristas are invited to to apply for a position on this team.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following requirements:
- A strong Barista background and education/SCA Barista Certifications is a plus.
- Be available to work, show up ready to serve in any capacity needed, and have a positive customer service attitude.
The Application and Approval Process:
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the Barista Guild Leadership Council.
- Applications will be accepted through 12:00 midnight PST on February 12, 2020.
- Approval notifications along with shift assignments will be sent mid to late February 2020. (If you would like to earn the Volunteer Badge it is recommended that you register for your 3-Day Expo Volunteer Badge here and select volunteer shifts through the link provided. If you are selected as a Re:co Symposium Barista we will revise your volunteer schedule at that time.)
- All selected Baristas will be asked to attend a mandatory training webinar in March and to respond to all communications in a timely manner.