The Specialty Coffee Association organises a coffee origin trip to the Island of Sulawesi, an experience in itself and a chance to see & taste the famous Celebes coffee.
Participants will enjoy the plantations and see the processing before flying to Flores and experiencing the coffees noted as the specialities of Indonesia.
Before flying home from Bali (29th July) they will visit Komodo Island for yet another experience.
Here is a Tentative Itinerary Draft:
Sca Coffee Trip” to Sulawesi Toraja & Flores, 22-29 July 2018.
- 22 July 2018: Welcome Dinner at Makassar. (South Sulawesi). Stay overnight in Makassar.
- 23 July 2018: Makassar – Palopo. (Flight at 10.00 am, take 45 Minutes). From Palopo Airport direct to PT.Sulotco Coffee Plantation by Car. (4 Hours). 2-3 Hours at Sulotco.About 05.00 PM by car (2 Hours) to Rantepao Village. Stay overnight.
- 24 July 2018: Visit PT.Toarco Jaya Coffee Plantations & Processing and also visit Coffee Farmers/Coop. About 04.00 PM by Car Drive back to Makassar (8 hours). Stay overnight in Makassar.
- 25 July 2018: Take afternoon Flight Makassar-Bali-Flores (Ende). Stay overnight in Ende.
- 26 – 27 July 2018: Visit Coffee Coffee Plantations, Cooperative, processing in Flores. (Bajawa, Manggarai and Labuan Bajo). Stay overnight at Bajawa 26 July 2018 and Manggarai or Labuan Bajo 27 July 2018.
- 28 July 2018: Visit Komodo Island and in the afternoon fly back to Bali from Labuan Bajo. Stay overnight in Bali.
- 29 July 2018: Flight Home from Bali and/or Free schedule for those who would like to extend staying in Bali.
Participants will arrive at Makassar on July 22nd 2018 by evening latest.
(Either from Jakarta, from Surabaya or from Balim where the landing points from overseas).
For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 01442 234 239.