NEW YORK, U.S. – Every year, Tim Hortons guests and restaurant owners rally together behind the weeklong Smile Cookie campaign. The annual campaign sees 100% of proceeds from each Smile Cookie — a chocolate chunk cookie topped with pink and blue icing drawing out a smile — purchase donated to local charities.
Last year, a record $325 thousand was raised to support over 26 charities and hospitals. Back again for its 24th year, Tim Hortons Smile Cookie week is a much-anticipated event in so many U.S. and Canadian communities.
“Given how challenging this year has been for everyone, we feel honored to be able to contribute to the local charities and organizations that do such vital work in our communities,” says Ricardo Azevedo, President of Tim Hortons, North America. “The annual support we see from guests around our Smile Cookie program is always inspiring, but this year will be all that more meaningful.”
To participate in this year’s campaign, visit your local Tim Hortons restaurant or place a digital order through the Tim Hortons app and/or website.
For a full list of local charities benefiting from Tim Hortons annual Smile Cookie campaign, visit www.timhortons.com/smile-cookie. Guests can also show how they are supporting the annual campaign by using #SmileCookie hashtag on social media.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- For over 24 years, Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests across North America have been spreading smiles.
- The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 as a way to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants in Canada and US.
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support more than 26 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the campaign.
- Last year, the campaign raised $325,000 across US.
- Join the conversation online and share your smiles on social media using the hashtag #SmileCookie.