VANCOUVER, BC, Canada – NEXE Innovations Inc., a leader in plant-based materials manufacturing, is announcing that its XOMA Super foods product line is now approved for listing with leading Canadian eCommerce retailer, Walmart.ca. “We are thrilled at this exciting opportunity to leverage Walmart.ca as a distribution vehicle to reach more consumers across Canada and pursue our phased retail rollout. XOMA Super foods makes it easy to enjoy plant-based superfoods at home.
The brand offers a line of five nutrient-dense, convenient, functional beverages, all of which are packaged exclusively in NEXE’s made-in-North America, fully-compostable, plant-based NEXE pods,” said Scott Naccarato, Director of Retail Sales for NEXE. “As we continue to increase our capacity and grow our distribution channels, the insights gained from Xoma will provide valuable data to guide the successful retail strategy for Nexe Coffee as well as our potential partners.”
The products are sold in packages of 12 pods and are compatible with Keurig® single-serve brewing systems.
The XOMA Super foods product line includes:
- Keto Cocoa: A delicious, rich and luscious ketogenic diet-friendly hot chocolate made with quality medium-chain fats, organic cocoa powder, and delicious cocoa butter.
- Matcha: Made from finely-ground, shade-grown Japanese-origin green tea leaves with a rich umami flavour. Packed with antioxidants, may help to decrease stress and increase alertness with its natural caffeine content.
- Turmeric Golden Milk: A dairy-free, thick, yellow, and spicy traditional drink packed with powerful ingredients. Turmeric is regarded as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and is a component of conventional medicine.
- Coffee Fortified with MCT: Coffee fortified with medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), an essential fatty acid component of virgin coconut oil that offers cognitive health and energy benefits.
- Keto Coffee: XOMA’s Keto coffee is a rich and energizing beverage designed to support a ketogenic diet, made with quality fats including MCT oil, with hints of vanilla.
“We created XOMA Super foods to allow consumers the opportunity to enjoy gourmet, nutritional superfoods at home in a fast, easy, and sustainable way,” said Ash Guglani, President of NEXE. “Walmart is one of the leading retailers in the world and they have specific benchmarks for the vendors that they work with both online and in-store. Our listing on Walmart.ca is a vote of confidence for NEXE as well as our products and paves the way for other retailers and online vendors to carry our pods.”
XOMA comes from the Greek word for “soil” or “earth,” and represents a more ethical way to incorporate convenient, great-tasting coffee and superfoods into the modern diet.
NEXE pods are made from 100% compostable materials, are manufactured in North America, and break down completely in municipal composting facilities in as few as 35 days. The pods can be disposed of immediately after use, leave no mess, and do not need to be disassembled before disposal.
“We look forward to continuing to grow our footprint across North America and beyond through both eCommerce and retail channels,” said Ash Guglani, President of NEXE. “Particularly, as we enter the colder months – consumers are seeking at home products which taste good, provide convenience, and support better health.”