Ian Chagunda, from Matchstick Coffee, placed first at the competition and took home the title of 2015 Canadian Latte Art Champion! He will be headed to the World Latte Art Championship to represent Canada, on March 29 to April 1, 2016 in Shanghai, China.
2015 Canadian Latte Art Championship Finalists:
- 1st place: Ian Chagunda (Matchstick Coffee)
- 2nd place: Ben Put (Monogram Coffee)
- 3rd place: Bruce Ly (Neo Coffee)
- 4th place: Kunie Inaba (Platfom 7)
- 5th place: Ryan Donglas (Rosso Coffee Roasters)
- 6th place: Eldric Kuzma (Aubade Coffee)
About the Canadian Latte Art Championship
Baristas battle it out to create the most creative and visually pleasing latte art to impress an expert panel of judges.
First competitors will demonstrate their best freestyle latte art. From there the lucky finalists must pour any latte art design they choose in a macchiato, cappuccino, or latte cup.
Don’t miss all the excitement as these talented stars fight for the champion title! The accredited competition will witness 16 best of the best competitors as they battle it out to take the national title.
The winner will then head to the World Latte Art Championship to represent Canada.