MILAN – Excitement is building in the run-up to the 2020 International Fairtrade Awards honouring the very best of Fairtrade producers, workers, traders and campaigners. Thirteen finalists will battle it out in four categories, with the winners announced at an awards ceremony in Cologne, Germany, on October 29.
The event will be lived streamed to enable finalists and winners from all over the world to participate.
More than 80 applications from 30 countries were received across the four categories – Small Producer Organization (SPO) of the Year; Hired Labour Organization (HLO) of the Year; Trader of the Year and Campaign of the Year. Entries ranged from tiny cooperatives to multi-national companies – but what they all have in common are a passion for Fairtrade and a desire to create a better future for farmers and workers. All of them have demonstrated outstanding continuous improvement, innovation, inclusivity and non-discrimination, and contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
You can join our global celebration of the best of Fairtrade by watching the live streamed awards ceremony on October 29. Details about how and when to join the ceremony will be published here soon!
Small Producer of the Year finalists:
- Asunafo North Union in Ghana (cocoa)
- Cooperativa de Caficultores del Norte in Colombia (coffee)
- Cooperativa Multiactiva de Bananeros in Colombia (bananas) both from Colombia
Hired Labour Organization of the Year finalists:
- Agropecuaria El Tesoro in Colombia (bananas)
- Desert Joy in Tunisia (tomatoes)
- Valentine Growers in Kenya (flowers)
Trader of the Year finalists:
- Nudie Jeans
- Divine Chocolate
Campaign of the Year finalists:
- Oxfam Fair Trade from Belgium
- Bergendal Beordery in South Africa’s Fynbos Floral Kingdom
- Forca Goa Foundation in India