WAWA, Pennsylvania, USA — Wawa and The Wawa Foundation are thrilled to kick off another year of supporting communities and local nonprofit organizations with the return of the Wawa Community Care Vehicle. For almost a decade, Wawa’s Community Care beverage vehicle has helped Wawa connect the good across the countless communities it serves by supporting local partners with in-kind donations of food and hot beverages to fuel their efforts.
With more than 20 events scheduled this winter and spring, Wawa volunteers will be on hand to share their time, hearts and hot beverages to provide support to the community.
Wawa’s Community Care Vehicle will serve an estimated 50,000 hot beverages at events throughout the year sponsored by national charity partners of The Wawa Foundation, including JDRF, Special Olympics, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), the USO and the American Red Cross.
The vehicle’s 2023 Coffee Tour begins with stops at annual Polar Plunges, with Wawa expecting to serve more than 10,000 hot beverages to chilly plungers at events in New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Florida.
“At Wawa, we believe in being a positive force for good in every community where we live and work – not just with donations, but with heart-felt actions and interactions that help bring out the best in everyone,” said Liz Simeone, Senior Manager of Wawa Community Care and The Wawa Foundation.
“Our Community Care Vehicle is one way we connect with and amplify the efforts of those serving others in our communities. We wish all the polar plungers luck and hope our hot beverages help warm you up as you take a dip in those frigid waters to support the amazing athletes of Special Olympics!”
The Wawa Community Care Vehicle stop schedule includes the following Polar Plunge to support Special Olympics:
- Feb. 2 – SOMD Cool School Plunge – Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, Md.
- Feb. 3 – SOMD Police & Corporate Plunge – Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, Md.
- Feb. 3 – SOVA Cool School Plunge – Virginia Beach Oceanfront – 3001 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach, Va.
- Feb. 4 – SOMD Main Polar Plunge – Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, Md.
- February 4 – SOVA Main Polar Plunge – Virginia Beach Oceanfront – 3001 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach, Va.
- Feb. 5 – SODE Polar Plunge – Rehoboth Avenue and the Boardwalk – 26 Rehoboth Ave., Rehoboth Beach, Del.
- Feb. 11 – SOPA Philadelphia Polar Plunge – Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
- Feb. 18 – SOPA Easton Polar Plunge – 130 Larry Holmes Drive, Easton, Pa.
- Feb. 25 – SONJ Seaside Heights Polar Plunge – 50 Blaine Ave., Seaside Heights, N.J.March 25 – SOFL Tampa Polar Plunge – Adventure Island, Tampa, Fla.
The Wawa Foundation is an extension of Wawa’s commitment to making the world a better place by fulfilling customers’ lives every day. It is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation founded by Wawa, Inc. to support the company’s charitable giving and philanthropic activities – and ultimately to help build happier, stronger communities.
The Foundation focuses its support on organizations committed to health, hunger and everyday heroes through local, regional and national grants and / or in-store fundraising, through donation boxes and point-of-purchase scan materials.