TORONTO, Canada – Over the past four decades, the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps have helped nearly 300,000 youth from disadvantaged circumstances change their stories for the better. This year on August 12, Tim Hortons guests from coast to coast to coast can join our 1,500 restaurant owners in celebrating one of the most cherished single-day fundraisers in Canada— Camp Day — to help support thousands of campers from every Tim Hortons community.
While this year’s annual Camp Day plans may be scaled back in restaurants to follow local health and safety requirements, restaurant owners across the country are still coming together to donate 100 per cent of sales from hot coffee and, new to Camp Day this year, iced coffee, to the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.
“The cornerstone of the Tim Hortons brand is how we support the communities where we live and work,” says Duncan Fulton, Chief Corporate Officer of Tim Hortons and Chair of the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. “The most prominent community contribution we make, with our guests, is on Camp Day. Every year, Canadians collectively raise millions of dollars on Camp Day and they can feel very proud of how they have changed so many lives through supporting the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.”
Earlier this spring, as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps announced an all-new digital camp experience, Tims eCamp. Tims eCamp officially kicked off during the first week of July and will run for eight full weeks. Participating campers have been grouped into eCabins and are being supported and guided by trained eCounsellors to build social, emotional and developmental skills.
“Whether we’re in-person at one of our seven camp locations, or virtual at this year’s Tims eCamp, our leading youth development programming can be life changing for our youth who need it most,” says Dave Newnham, President of Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. “Whether it’s an increase in self-awareness, the ability to build positive relationships, or develop healthy behaviours and attitudes, our goal is to make a positive impact and support our campers in achieving important life skills.”
Tims Camps support kids throughout their youth between the ages of 12 to 16 – an important developmental time that helps shape who they will become as adults. Through the multi-year Summer Program, youth learn skills like leadership, resilience, and responsibility. They become empowered to believe in their own potential and change their stories for the better.
Whether they are supporting from home or on the go, here are ways guests across Canada can participate in Camp Day this year:
- Place an order for hot or iced coffee at a Tim Hortons restaurant, or for delivery
- Until August 12, donate $2 in restaurant or on the mobile app and receive a Camp Day bracelet in one of four vibrant colours with an inspirational message based on the Foundation’s values: Empower, Dream, Believe, Inspire
- Round up your order in restaurant with the balance of the dollar going towards the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Make a one-time or monthly donation any time at www.timscamps.com
- Help raise awareness and raise funds for Camp Day by joining the #CampInForCampDay social media challenge at https://thcf.akaraisin.com/ui/CampInForCampDay
How to Join the Camp Day conversation:
- Use hashtag: #CampDay
- Like on Facebook: @TimHortonsFoundationCamps
- Subscribe on YouTube: @TimsCamps
- Follow on Instagram: @TimsCamps
- Follow on Twitter: @TimsCamps