Thursday 25 July 2024
  • La Cimbali

The ten finalists of Barista and Farmer at Sigep 2016

Must read


RIMINI, Italy – The ten finalists of Barista & Farmer, the coffee talent show being held in Brazil from 3rd to 13th May 2016 will be presented at SIGEP 2016 (Rimini Fiera, 23-27 January). The baristas, from ten countries, will have the possibility of living for 10 days as coffee pickers in the country of origin, with coffee companies: from picking on the plantation, through all the processing stages, using the various technologies, to the experience of tasting and all the opportunities for consumption.

The finalists will be woken at dawn and pass the morning on the plantation, then in the afternoon they will attend the Barista & Farmer Academy, a very special multi-discipline school, at which all the lecturers are great professionals from the sector.

Their journey will ideally starting from one of Italy´s major trade ports (Trieste), to reach Brazil, the world´s top coffee producer, and precisely Santos, the largest port in South America, located in the State of San Paolo.

The third edition of the successful format will be staged at O´Coffee, Brazil´s major coffee producer, located in Pedregulho, a region of Alta Mogiana, in the state of San Paolo.

The 10 finalists will be selected by a mixed jury: 40% will depend on the votes of a jury formed by members of the public, who can express their preference for the chosen candidate via Web, whereas the remaining 60% will depend on the opinion of the Barista & Farmer technical jury.

The Barista & Farmer format, dedicated to the promotion and culture of excellent coffee, is based on an idea by Francesco Sanapo, multi-award winning champion barista, and organized by SIGEP with the patronage of the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE).

At SIGEP 2016, for five days there will be the world´s best production of the precious raw material, along with the sector´s professionals.

Hall D1 will also host all the finals of the competitions that are focussed on coffee and part of the prestigious international WCE (World Coffee Events) circuit, promoted by the SCAE (Speciality Coffee Association of Europe) and SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America).

Main sponsors: Cimbali
Event sponsors: Genovese Coffee, Caffè Corsini, Forno D´asolo, Petra Molino Quaglia, Caffè Pascucci, Cafeistas
Supporter: Puly Caff

Dates: 23 – 27 January 2016; Organizers: Rimini Fiera spa; Patronages and collaborations: Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies, Emilia Romagna Region, Rimini Municipality, ICE Italian Foreign Trade Institute; edition: 37th; frequency: annual; classification: international; admittance: trade members only; hours: 9:30 am . 6:00 pm, last day 9:30 am . 3:00 pm (3:00 . 5:00 pm only with online tickets); business unit manager: Patrizia Cecchi; project managers: Gabriella de Girolamo (gelato), Giorgia Maioli (pastry, bakery, coffee); exhibitor info: +39 0541 744111; Web site: – #Sigep2016

  • Franke Mytico
  • TME - Cialdy Evo

Latest article