MEDELLÍN, Colombia – Producer & Roaster Forum (PRF), one of the most important events on the Colombian coffee industry calendar, kicks off today at the Plaza Mayor convention centre in Medellín. The two-day event sets the stage for coffee professionals to share their extensive knowledge through 44 speeches and 7 panel discussions – featuring nearly 60 renowned experts from around the world.
Over the course of both days, more than 5,000 PRF attendees will have access to a series of 25 minute lectures, where experts will present on and discuss a range of topics relevant to all areas of the coffee industry.
More than 25 Colombian coffee experts will cover a range of topics, including production, sustainability, processing, and farm profitability.
Here are a few of the lectures by the Colombian speakers, which cover these topics:
- Sustainability: Can We Involve the Entire Coffee Industry? – Olga Lucia Cuellar Gomez – Promising Crops
- How to Educate Rural Communities in the Specialty Coffee Market – José Milton Cardona Gómez – Cocora Agroindustrial SAS
- Building Relationships & Respecting Cultural Differences: A Guide for Successful Coffee Businesses – Catalina González Calle – Dos Mundos Capital & Trade
- Exploring The Impact Of Women In The Colombian Coffee Sector – Nicol Mariana Moreno Melo – Constantine Café
Improving coffee quality and adopting new technologies
Innovation is another prominent topic across the coffee industry, particularly at origin. As such, it’s becoming increasingly important to give a platform to the experts who are driving these changes.
Here are some of the relevant lectures on innovation at origin at PRF Colombia:
- Using Technology to Produce Sustainable, High-Quality Coffee – Hugo Andres López – Innovakit SAS Bic
- How Important is Sensory Analysis for Producers? – Gustavo Valderrama Tascon – TCV Coffee Solutions
- A Guide to Transitioning to Specialty Coffee Production – Daniela Maya – Grupo Empresarial Accresco
- Quality Control: Is It a Barrier for Producers Entering New Markets? – Martha Liliana Ospina – Cooperativa de Caficultores de Antioquia
Producer & Roaster Forum: Other topics at farm & production level
There are also a range of other topics which look more at technical expertise at farm level, from the use of fertilisers to adding value during milling.
Here are a few of them:
- Exploring Fertilisers: Chemical vs. Sustainable Techniques & Biofertilisation – Juan Vélez – Bold Coffee Company
- Making the Coffee Industry a Passion for Younger Generations – Luis Eduardo López G – Pacific Wind EDC
- How to Add Value During Dry Milling – Gerardo Alberto Ramos Agredo – Sumin
- Will Producers Manage the Entire Production Chain in the Future? – Sara Zuluaga – Cielo Tostado
For the full schedule of speeches and panel discussions, click here.