EMERYVILLE, Calif., U.S. — Peet’s Coffee has announced the debut of Peet’s Espresso capsules, a family of offerings compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine machines.
The four flavors, Ricchezza, Crema Scura, Ristretto, and Nerissimo, showcase the brand’s signature rich and complex espresso style in a new format that meets single serve consumer demand.
“Peet’s Coffee is excited to launch Nespresso OriginalLine compatible capsules for fans of intense espresso,” said Robyne Eldridge, Senior Director of CPG Marketing, Peet’s Coffee.
“As an industry leader with over fifty years of coffee expertise, launching Peet’s Espresso capsules reinforces our commitment to bringing Peet’s signature bold style to consumers in whatever format they drink. And we have already had an overwhelming response from our Peets.com consumers and preliminary reviews on Amazon.com look promising.”
Peet’s Espresso: Introducing a Deeper Dark
The new espresso blends range in Intensity from 8 to 11, indicating the darkness of the roast and complexity of the blend.
They come in ten count cartons with a suggested retail price of $7.99 USD each and are one of the few capsules available in aluminum.
- Ricchezza—plush layered textures of complex espresso with notes of blossom, berry, brown sugar. Intensity 8.
- Crema Scura—a thick and luxurious espresso inspired by Peet’s coffeebars with full bodied earthy, nutty notes balanced by a creamy enduring finish. Intensity 9.
- Ristretto—delivers a sumptuous touch of chocolaty truffle complemented by crushed spice, rich fruit and bold espresso smoothness. Intensity 10.
- Nerissimo—an indulgent balance between espresso’s bitter bite and a rich crème brûlée sweetness. Intensity 11.
“The Peet’s Espresso capsule gives coffee connoisseurs the freedom to be their own barista, and to enjoy at the touch of a button the complexity of our signature dark espresso,” said Doug Welsh, Roastmaster and VP of Coffee, Peet’s Coffee.
“In less than a minute, at home or office, anyone can enjoy a perfectly pulled, clean-up free, beautiful tasting Peet’s espresso.”
Peet’s Espresso capsules are available online on Amazon and Peets.com and starting next week will be available in Target retail stores and a Peet’s Coffeebar near you. Visit www.adeeperdark.com to learn more.
* Nespresso® is a trademark of a third party, not connected to Peet’s Coffee Inc.