ST. LOUIS, U.S. – Panera announced yesterday the launch of Panera Grocery, a new service enabling guests to purchase high-demand pantry items such as milk, bread and fresh produce alongside their favorite Panera soup, salad or sandwich. Leveraging the Panera supply network of clean ingredients, Panera Grocery is easily ordered on the Panera app or website and is available via contactless delivery, Rapid Pick-Up, Drive-Up and Drive-Thru, as well as through contact-free delivery via Grubhub.
“From limited choices on grocery shelves to the growing need to limit the number of trips outside of the home, it is an incredibly stressful time when it comes to putting wholesome food on the table, and we knew Panera could help,” said Niren Chaudhary, Panera CEO.
“With this new service we can help deliver good food and fresh ingredients from our pantry to yours, helping provide better access to essential items that are increasingly harder to come by.”
Items currently available include:
- Freshly Baked Breads & Bagels: Classic White Loaf; Whole Grain Pan Loaf; French Baguette; Bagel Packs
- Milk & Dairy: Skim Milk & 2% Milk gallons (at participating cafes); Greek Yogurt, Yogurt Tubes; Plain Cream Cheese
- Fresh Produce: Apples, Avocados, Blueberries, Red Grapes, Vine Ripe Tomatoes
Panera Grocery is a separate, ingredients-based service operated out of Panera bakery cafes.
It is just one of many offerings created to help people with an easy, wholesome meal everyone will love. These include:
- Serving guests via only a “To-Go” model in all company cafes
- New “Drive-Up” contactless curbside service
- Contactless Delivery
- Mindful Packaging, all to-go orders sealed for added protection –
- Enhanced, rigorous cleaning & sanitization procedures in bakery-cafes