MILAN – The International Women’s Coffee Alliance (IWCA) is gearing up for the annual International Women’s Day celebration on Monday, March 8th. As a global organization, IWCA acts as a hub to connect our 27-country chapter network and as central support to deliver and facilitate programs in service to all IWCA Chapter Members. This work is made possible by individuals and organizations that believe in the transformative impact of women’s empowerment and leadership. Here are a number of opportunities for you to support IWCA and their chapter network on International Women’s Day and beyond.
While 2020 may have been a challenging year, IWCA is looking forward to continuing the important work of connecting, empowering, and advancing women tAroughout the coffee supply chain.
Believe in the IWCA mission? Become a 2021 IWCA Supporter with an annual gift of $500, or a monthly gift of $43.Your investment makes it possible for IWCA to do the work to achieve their locally-driven mission on a global scale and across the full value chain. IWCA Supporters receive a vinyl decal and recognition on our website.
International Women’s Day: Events and Activities In Support of IWCA
- IWCA Vietnam Fundraiser: A portion of the sales of coffee and merchandise will support chapter initiatives like technical trainings to improve coffee quality and earn industry-recognized certifications.
- Connect with IWCA Australia chapter members in Sydney and Melbourne on March 7th to celebrate International Women’s Day.
- Join the Instagram Live chat with Caffè Vergnano and IWCA Board Member, Mansi Chokshi, on March 8th where they will discuss the partnership with the IWCA Dominican Republic chapter to create a roasting facility in the region.
- Tune in for the free International Women’s Day Celebration & Panel virtual event, hosted by Women in Coffee Project, on March 8th at 2:00pm PST. Engaging panelists will address the intersection of race and gender and 100% of donations made during the registration process will benefit IWCA.
- Throughout the month of March, Equator Coffees’ Cup For A Cause will donate $1 from every pourover coffee purchased to IWCA. CLICK HERE to see cafe locations.