JAKARTA – Taking place in Jakarta on May 6th – 8th 2014 and organised by IMAPAC, the Asia Coffee Congress 2014 is the international platform in Indonesia that brings coffee roasters, manufacturers, traders and certifiers from all around the globe together.
Over the last five years, the Asian coffee industry has gone through a tramendous amount of changes in terms of production and demand. Owing to coffee intensification programs, updated technologies, improved manufacturing strategies and increasing investments, Robusta and Arabica coffee supply has increased consistently in emerging markets, such as Indonesia, Malaysia and Laos.
At the same time, national coffee demand has grown in China, Vietnam, Japan, and the Philippines, making these countries particularly promising for coffee processors, manufacturers and traders from around the globe.
The event will focus on national and regional production and consumption trends, future pricing prospects, best practices in supply chain management, as well as certification and sustainability programs.
Highlight of the event is conferences that will be delivered from various notable speakers from various fields in coffee industry.
Amongst the speaker is Mr. Irfan Anwar, the Chairman of Association of Indonesian Coffee Exporters and also the CEO of COFFINDO, who is going to be the speaker for ASIAN COFFEE OUTLOOK: A Strategic Overview on Coffee Production and Consumption in the first day of conference.
Key speakers attending Asia Coffee Congress 2014 include:
- Erisman Junaedi, Head of Nestle’ Quality Control Center – NQCC, Nestle’
- Simon Talbot, Director of Corporate Sustainability APAC, Mondelez International
- Pierre Yves Cote, Director, Rocky Mountain Café, Inc.
- Midhun Jose Pachayil, Associate General Manager Coffee Division, Olam International Limited
- Michael Lutz, Country Manager Coffee – GM, ED&F Man Coffee Division – PT Volkopi
- Sugumar Raman, Director of Operations, Flo-Cert GmbH
- Peter Sprang, Sustainable Agriculture Manager APAC, Rainforest Alliance
- Wahyu Wibowo, Indonesia Country Manager, 4C Association
- Irfan Anwar, Chairman, Association of Indonesian Coffee Exporters – AICE-AEKI
- Lehman Pahlevi Sulaiman, Chairman, Specialty Coffee Association of Indonesia – SCAI
- Rasdi Wangsa, CEO, Indonesian Organic Alliance – IOA, and many more.
Download the event brochure to view the full program following this link.