On Thursday the 18th of June, World Coffee Events (WCE) crowned the 2015 World Latte Art Champion, 2015 World Brewers Cup Champion, 2015 Cup Tasters Champion, 2015 Coffee Roasting Champion, and 2015 World Coffee in Good Spirits Champion at the Nordic World of Coffee (WoC) in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The 2015 Latte Art Champion is Caleb Cha from Australia, the 2015 World Brewers Cup Champion is Odd-steinar Tøllefsen from Norway, the 2015 World Cup Tasters Champion is Juan Gabriel Cespedes from Costa Rica, the 2015 World Coffee Roasting Champion is Audun Sørbotten from Norway, and the 2015 Coffee in Good Spirits Champion is George Koustoumpardis from Greece.
A total of 36 National Latte Art Champions, 28 National Brewer Champions, 36 National Cup Tasters Champions, 10 National Coffee Roasting Champions, and 14 National Coffee in Good Spirits Champions took part in the championships.
The events took place over three days at World of Coffee in Gothenburg, Sweden as part of the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe’s annual coffee event. Over 5,000 coffee fans from Europe and around the globe attended the event, and 43,850 viewers streamed the competitions live online.
World Latte Art Championship
• Champion: Caleb Cha, Cafenatics, Australia
• 2nd: Xuechao Wang, Jiangbeileran Coffee, China
• 3rd: Kyeong-woo Jung, Corea Coffee Belt, South Korea
• 4th: Mao Nagura, Fonz, Japan
• 5th: Arnon Thitiprasert, RISTR8TO, Thailand
• 6th: Hong-Sheng Liao, Café Moment, Taiwan
World Brewers Cup
• Champion: Odd-steinar Tøllefsen, Supreme Roastworks, Norway
• 2nd: Konstantinos Iatridis, Taf, Greece
• 3rd: Benjamin Prager, Bear Brothers & Cow, Switzterland
• 4th: Sarah Jean Anderson, Intelligentsia Coffee, USA
• 5th: Rob Kerkhoff, Babo Coffee, The Netherlands*
• 6th: Ruslan Shulga, Omni Coffee, Russia*
• *These results have been updated to reflect correct scores.
World Cup Tasters Championship
• Champion: Juan Gabriel Cespedes, Ecomtrading Costa Rica, Costa Rica
• 2nd: Mateusz Petlinski, Woyton Roast Inc., Germany
• 3rd: Yoeri Joosten, Boot Koffie, The Netherlands
• 4th: Krisse McGregor, Coffee Lab, New Zealand
World Coffee Roasting Championship
• Champion: Audun Sørbotten, Audun Coffee, Norway
• 2nd: Joanna Alm, Drop Coffee, Sweden
• 3rd: Minkeun Choi, Coffee HOW’S Company, South Korea
World Coffee in Good Spirits Championship
• Champion: George Koustoumpardis, The Underdog, Greece
• 2nd: Ondrej Hurtík, doubleshot, Czech Republic
• 3rd: Paul Ungureanu, Paul Ungureanu Consulting, Romania
• 4th: Eduardo Affonso Scorsin, Lucca Cafés Especiais, Brazil
• 5th: Sang Moo Hyun, Maris Coffees, South Korea
• 6th: Sang Ho Park, Square Mile Coffee, United Kingdom