EMERYVILLE, Calif. & OAKLAND, Calif. – For nearly 50 years, Peet’s Coffee and the Golden State Warriors have been known as “The Bay’s Coffee” and “The Bay’s Team” respectively.
Now, the two local icons have teamed up to create a special coffee blend – Warriors Grounds – to celebrate their shared roots and fan base. Warriors Grounds, 10 oz. pre-ground bags, will be available today, April 15 through May 30 in all Bay Area Peet’s retail locations, local grocery stores and Peets.com.
Also, five percent of Warriors Grounds’ proceeds will benefit the Warriors Community Foundation to support local underserved youth.
Tonight Only (April 15): Peet’s will give away 100 FREE BAGS of Warriors Grounds at Oracle Arena tonight during the Warriors home game against the Denver Nuggets.
One hundred (100) lucky fans will receive a bag of Warriors Grounds during a row giveaway at Fan Night.
“Our new Warriors Grounds is a coffee as dynamic and smooth as the Dubs are on the court,” said Peet’s Coffee Roastmaster Doug Welsh.
“A classic Peet’s dark roast play, we’ve uniquely crafted a robust, earthy blend highlighting some of our favorite beans from the Indo-Pacific and Africa.”
Peet’s Warriors Grounds: Product Details
- Price: $9.99 (10 oz bag, pre-ground for drip coffeemakers)
- Availability: All Peet’s Bay Area retail locations, local grocery stores, and Peets.com
- Proceeds: Five percent, up to $10,000, will support local underserved youth through the Warriors Community Foundation
- Tasting Notes: Robust and earthy with a silky smooth finish featuring beans from Java, Papua New Guinea, Sumatra, and Kenya
- Limited Offer: Available April 15 – May 30, 2015
The Golden State Warriors are experiencing a franchise record of most wins for a season as they head into the 2015 NBA Playoffs for the third consecutive season, the first time the Warriors have seen the post-season three years in a row since the 1970’s.