OAKVILLE, Canada – This month, Tim Horton’s Iced Capp celebrates its 20th birthday. Created in 1999, the original Iced Capp was crafted as a blended frozen coffee beverage made with Tim Hortons signature coffee and cream. Over time, the beverage has evolved with new signature flavours and limited edition flavours have been introduced for guests to enjoy.
“The Tim Hortons Iced Capp is the ultimate Canadian summer beverage, so we’re excited to celebrate its 20th anniversary during the hottest days of the year,” says Mike Hancock, COO, Tim Hortons.
“From grabbing Iced Capps for drives to the cottage or cabin on much anticipated summer weekends to a cool afternoon treat, we’re excited to be celebrating another year of a classic favourite with our guests.”
Classic flavours include Original, Mocha, Vanilla and Caramel. Over the year, the beverage has also had some delicious flavours available for a limited time only, including:
- Oreo tops the list with three appearances in 2015, 2018 and 2019, while salted caramel and pumpkin spice first appeared in 2018
- S’mores aren’t just for the campfire favourite and joined the Iced Capp family in 2017
- Maple — a true Canadian classic — joined in 2016
- Iced Capps can be personalized, some of the most popular requests are:
- Swap out cream or white milk for chocolate milk
- Add a shot of espresso for some extra perk
- Mix and match flavours to create a custom beverage
- On July 24, the chocolate chip Iced Capp will be back at participating restaurants across Canada and new flavours will be coming soon.