SÃO PAULO, Brazil – Starbucks announced a newly enhanced Starbucks Rewards loyalty program by giving members a faster way to earn Stars toward free items in Brazil. The enhanced program also includes the ability to redeem Stars for more menu items and merchandise, such as beverages, food, and reusable Starbucks mugs and tumblers. Members will continue to earn Stars by using their Starbucks Card in store or through the Starbucks Brasil app.
The Starbucks Rewards™ program also offers an enhanced digital experience with the expansion of Starbucks® Peça Pelo Celular, a mobile order feature available exclusively for members through the Starbucks Brasil app. The feature allows members to place their order at select stores for a preferred pick-up time and pay in advance while earning Stars.
“Since the launch of our initial loyalty program in Brazil in 2014, the enhancement of Starbucks Rewards is the most important transformation of the program in order to offer a unique digital experience to our customers,” said Sandra Collier, Head of Marketing, Loyalty and Categories, Starbucks Brazil. “We have invested not only in the platform technology, but especially in the program structure, with the objective of offering a more intuitive process through features that enhance the Starbucks Experience on our digital platforms”, Collier finalized.
Starbucks Rewards members can now earn one (1) Star for every R$ 2.50 spent in purchases in all Starbucks stores in Brazil or the Starbucks Brasil app.
The Starbucks Rewards loyalty programhas six (6) reward levels, starting with 15 Stars:
- 15 Stars: reward level 1. Includes toppings, select food and beverages, and more.
- 30 Stars: reward level 2. Includes water, filtered coffee, hot coffee, select snacks, among others.
- 45 Stars: reward level 3. Includes hot tea, handcrafted beverages, bakery items, among others.
- 70 Stars: reward level 4. Includes handcrafted and blended beverages as well as select food items, among others.
- 150 Stars: reward level 5. Includes reusable cups, coffee roasters, mugs, among others.
- 300 Stars: reward level 6. Includes select merchandise such as tumblers and cups.
In addition, customers will have access to exclusive benefits:
- Double Star Day
- Early access to new products and launches
- Invitation for exclusive activations such as coffee tastings and brand news
- Personalized promotions
- Free dose of Espresso (Espresso Doppio) when purchasing coffee roast
- Free Birthday beverage
To redeem Stars, members can visit any Starbucks store, show the barista partner (employee) the Star balance on the Starbucks Brasil app, select the product of their preference according to the level of Rewards and confirm the redemption through the app’s code.
Customers can join the Starbucks Rewards™ program through the free Starbucks Brasil app. Download the app (available for Android and iOS systems), register for the program, and activate it with the first purchase.
More about Starbucks® Peça Pelo Celular
At select stores, Starbucks Rewards™ members can place their order for pick-up and pay in advance by using Starbucks® Peça Pelo Celular through the Brasil app.
To use the feature, follow these steps:
- Login/register in Starbucks® Rewards™ on the Starbucks Brasil app
- Choose the available pickup location and place the order
- Insert your payment method: Starbucks Card
- Select the pick-up time (30, 20 or 10 minutes)
- Visit the selected available store to pick up the order
The service will be available in São Paulo and Brasilia stores.
Enhancing the digital experience
Through SouthRock, the brand’s licensed operator in the country, Starbucks remains committed to constantly enhancing the experience of Brazilian customers by offering digital innovations to meet and exceed their preferences. The company created SouthRock Lab, a digital and business solutions specialized team focused on creating powerful initiatives to optimize customers relationship in physical and digital environments, providing the unique Starbucks Experience to customers across all platforms.
Bringing the Starbucks Experience to more customers
Starbucks seeks to grow in a way that is unique to the brand with a focus on enhancing digital innovation and bringing the Starbucks Experience to more Brazilian customers.
In recent years, Starbucks and SouthRock have defined an important growth agenda with focus on expanding into both new and existing markets. As part of this commitment, Starbucks recently announced its arrival in three new markets in Brazil in the second semester of 2021: Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul), Belo Horizonte (Minas Gerais) and Curitiba (Paraná), as well as expanding its presence in the states of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Santa Catarina and Distrito Federal, where Starbucks already welcomes Brazilian customers. Starbucks remains committed to continue sharing its coffee passion in Brazil through initiatives that enhance its customer experience.
Today, there are 129 Starbucks stores, across four cities in Brazil with more than 1,100 partners (employees) who proudly wear the green apron.