The African Fine Coffees Association (AFCA), the 4C Association, ICO, IDH and the Sustainable Coffee Program (SCP) are pleased to announce the 6th African Coffee Sustainability Forum on 5th of February 2016 in Zanzibar, Tanzania, as part of the 14th edition of the AFCA Conference.
The Forum was created in 2011 to stimulate open discussions and exchange on the future of the African coffee sector, and assess what should and what can be achieved over time, attaching equal weight to three challenges: economic, social and environmental sustainability.
Now in its sixth edition, the Forum has established itself as the premier meeting place for those actors who have a stake in the sustainable future of the African coffee sector. It has been addressed by national government Ministers, industry leaders, producers, NGOs, international organisations as well as academic and research institutions.
You can consult the report, presentations and list of participants of the 5th Edition of the Forum here.
The 2016 Forum will have a special significance as the outcome of the discussions will be directly feeding the action agenda of Vision 2020, the Global Alliance coordinated by the 4C Association, ICO and IDH through its Sustainable Coffee Program (SCP).
Under the motto “Research and Innovation for real sustainability – the way forward”, participants will exchange views and provide recommendations on key challenges and opportunities for the African coffee sector:
• National Sustainability Curricula: the role of research institutions and public and private extension
• Access to finance for farm rehabilitation and replanting – the role of trade
• Gender mainstreaming as the key to improve coffee productivity and livelihoods?
• Climate Change adaptation, mitigation and research: how to roll-out after COP 21
• Funding for sustainability: African Coffee Partnership
• National strategies & action plans: public-private partners working together.
The input of participants will be integrated within the different work streams of Vision 2020 in collaboration with public and private partners.
Registration for the Forum is open via registration for the AFCA conference on the AFCA website.
In the meantime, if you want to find out more about the event, please contact Annette Pensel, Director of Sustainability Innovations at the 4C Association: email@example.com