BRUSSELS, Belgium – For the 6th year in a row, the Salon du Chocolat returns to Brussels (Tour & Taxis) from 22 to 24 February 2019 (opening night on Thursday 21 February 2019).
This year’s theme will be Naturalness along with “Every flavour comes from nature”.
“Flavour” because it is one of the most basic criteria when choosing a bar or a chocolate. There are many varieties: dark, milk, white, blond … and now ruby. The diversity of flavours is endless: from one variety of cocoa to another, from one region to another and according to the art of working the paste.
“Nature” because “the cocoa bean is” – according to Alexander Van Humboldt – “a phenomenon that Nature has never repeated; at no other time has Nature concentrated such a wealth of valuable nourishment into such a small space as in the cocoa bean”. Today, everything natural, authentic and sustainable has become a major concern for consumers.
As a result, the Salon du Chocolat in Brussels is innovating while remaining faithful to the elements for which it is famous every year:
- Its many exhibitors – artisan chocolatiers and the key big names in Belgian and international chocolate, bean-to-bar specialists and international praline makers.
- Its producer countries, such as Peru, which grow this precious bean we enjoy so much.
- Its daily Chocolate Fashion Show created by designers and artisan chocolatiers. This year, once again, there will be around fifteen outfits for men, women and children to delight audiences who appreciate glamour and creativity.
- Its “live” demonstrations of recipes with top chefs, followed by a tasting session for everyone in the audience (Pastry Show).
- Its presentations-tastings on chocolate-related topics, new trends and ways to combine food and drink with chocolate.
- Its numerous workshops for children and adults in which everyone can get stuck in…to chocolate.
- Its book signings, chocolate sculpture exhibitions, competitions to win boxes of chocolates, tasting sessions, beer-and-chocolate and coffee-and-chocolate pairings, and much more.
- … plus lots of other new features that will be announced in the run-up to the Salon.
Tour & Taxis – Sheds 3 and 4 – Avenue du Port 86c / 1000 Brussels
From Friday 22 February to Sunday 24 February 2019
Open from 10.00am to 19.00pm on Friday and Saturday, and from 10.00am to 18.00pm on Sunday
Opening night: Thursday 21 February 2019 at 19.00pm