NEW YORK, U.S. – Intercontinental Exchange, a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, announces the launch of ICE Data Services’ new reference data solution for ICE’s futures exchanges.
ICE operates five futures exchanges across the U.S., U.K., Europe, Canada and Singapore providing regulated futures markets in energy, agriculture, interest rates, equity derivatives and FX.
The new content is part of ICE Data Services’ existing reference data service, which provides high-quality information on more than 10 million financial instruments across all major asset classes, including futures, options, equities and fixed income.
The addition of ICE’s market information on thousands of futures and options products automates the delivery of comprehensive reference data. Clients may access data continuously through APEX, which is ICE Data Services’ platform for pricing, analytics and reference data.
The new reference data is now available for all ICE listed futures and options contracts including:
- Financial futures including interest rates such as Euribor, Sterling and Gilts, futures on the MSCI, FTSE and Russell indexes, and ICE’s comprehensive range of single stock equity derivatives
- ICE Brent and WTI crude oil, Low Sulfur Gasoil and Henry Hub natural gas contracts, as well as futures and options on power and natural gas basis markets
- ICE’s natural gas, power and environmental products listed on ICE Futures U.S. and cleared oil, freight, iron ore and NGL products listed on ICE Futures Europe
- Physically delivered agricultural futures, including ICE’s Sugar No. 11, Coffee C, Cocoa, Cotton No. 2 and Canola contracts
- Foreign exchange and metals, such as the US Dollar Index and ICE’s precious metals contracts
- Stock options, index options and options on futures
- Strategies, or bundles of options and/or futures sold as a single transaction
“This expanded offering showcases the breadth of ICE’s global futures exchanges and the data aggregation and delivery expertise of ICE Data Services to bring a valuable new product to our clients as they drive efficiency and expand market insights,” said Lynn Martin, President and COO of ICE Data Services.
“Reference data is a critical part of accessing and trading in financial markets. And this is an example of the strategic investments we’re making to expand our offering and provide innovative solutions for customers.”
Reference data refers to any content, other than pricing or transaction specific data relied upon to process a transaction or administer a holding in an instrument or security.
It can include the terms and conditions, corporate actions, which provide updates for changes in the security, and industry-standard security identifiers.