MILAN, Italy – La Marzocco, a leader in espresso machine manufacturing presents, for the first time in Italy and on the occasion of Milan Coffee Festival 2019: Crush the Rush. This head to head competition involves 8 teams, and 8 drinks per round, where speed, and efficiency matter. Teams will be working on the KB90, a revolutionary espresso machine launched earlier this year bringing the Straight In system into the market.
At the festival, La Marzocco will occupy stand number M54 where the True Artisan Café runs throughout the entire 3-day event. Find Spirit of Coffee, Arabi Caffè, Terrone, Filicori Zecchini, Genovese, Caffè del Borgo, Nice & Nasty, Griso, Le Piantagioni del Caffè, LotZero, Young Cup Coffee, Quarta, Torrefazione Cannaregio, Rationale, Lady Cafè, Lelli Caffè, Street Coffee, and Imperator rotating on the Strada AV and Linea PB espresso machines, along with the Modbar.
Don’t miss out on the Roaster Village area dedicated to national roasters of excellence and sponsored by La Marzocco Home with its iconic Linea Mini. Also, find an interactive area with “Latte Art Live” by Modbar as well as a lineup of presenters, educational talks and activities:
- Accademia del Caffè Espresso will speak at “The Lab”, a talk about Culture – Research – Innovation with Marta Kokosar (General Manager) and Massimo Battaglia (Head of Research).
- A Modbar Steam Technical Course: A Pro Touch for a Barista Pro. Enrico Wurm (Product Improvement Manager and World Coffee Events Judge) will provide technical insights.
- The Modbar Technical Series Workshop: “Cappuccino, Latte & Flat White – Discover the differences!” will see Matteo Beluffi, Italian Latte Art 2017 champion, illustrate the variety of milk-based beverages.
- An informal competition on Modbar “Chi Vince Regna” will be led by Fabrizio Corti (Product Specialist).
- The Roasters Panel round table will be mediated by Gianni Tratzi (Espresso Specialist at the Accademia del Caffè Espresso & Brand Ambassador at La Marzocco).
- Introduction to Coffee Encounters will be conducted by Michael Gardenia (Founder of Fusillio Lab) and Alessandro Foglino (Graphic Designer at La Marzocco).
Lastly, a Winter Garden will be set up outside where you will be welcomed to immerse yourself in the holiday spirit among Christmas trees, roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, books and La Marzocco signed items; take a portrait in the photo-booth and bring a little souvenir home!