Home Coffee companies Jab receives ...

Jab receives go-ahead from the European Commission for the Ipo of its coffee unit

JAB Investors

BRUSSELS, Belgium – The European Commission approved the governance structure between JAB Holding Co. Sàrl and Mondelez International Inc. for the impending IPO of JDE Peet’s. The clearance from the EU commission for JDE Peet’s governance structure satisfies all antitrust requirements for the public offering.

JDE Peet’s is the merged entity between specialty coffee brand Peet’s Coffee & Tea Inc. and tea and coffee company Jacobs Douwe Egberts BV, which in turn, is a joint venture between Mondelez and JAB-owned Acorn Holdings BV.

In July 2015, Mondelez combined its coffee business with D.E Master Blenders 1753 BV, owned by Acorn, to form Jacobs Douwe as a pure-play coffee company. Acorn assumed 56% ownership interest in the new coffee company, with the remaining 44% owned by Mondelez.

JDE Peet’s is the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea group, serving approximately 130 billion cups of coffee and tea in 2019 in more than 100 countries in both developed and emerging markets.

Through its portfolio of over 50 leading global, regional and local coffee and tea brands, JDE Peet’s offers an extensive range of high-quality and innovative coffee and tea products and solutions to serve consumer needs across markets, consumer preferences and price levels.

JDE Peet’s established brand portfolio is the largest in the coffee and tea industry, and includes Peet’s, Jacobs, L’OR, Senseo, Tassimo and TiOra, Douwe Egberts, Stumptown, Super, Pilão, OldTown, Moccona, Mighty Leaf and Pickwick as well as Maison du Café in France, Marcilla in Spain, Harris in Australia and Bravo in Greece.