MIAMI, U.S. – illycaffè is returning to the 19th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (SOBEWFF®) with its passion for creating unique coffee experiences. From February 19 – 23, 2020, illy will brew classic and specialty coffee drinks for Festival attendees, including espresso, proprietary Cold Brew Aria™, and other crafted beverages made by illy Master Barista Giorgio Milos at more than ten events.
At one of the top Festival events, Fontainebleau Miami Beach presents Wine Spectator’s Best of the Best sponsored by Capital One, illycaffè is collaborating with two local Miami chefs to create one-of-a-kind desserts. Chef Soraya Kilgore, owner of Mad Lab Creamery, is making tiramisu ice cream with illy espresso, while Chef Brielle Fratellone of Fontainebleau is creating a petite gateau made with coffee cream mousse featuring illy’s 100% Arabica Whole Bean Classico, roasted banana cake and caramel toffee.
Both desserts will be accompanied with an expertly prepared shot of illy espresso to sip alongside, or to pour over the tiramisu ice cream for a delectable affogato.
Behind the scenes, chefs and VIPs will have special access to an array of illy coffee drinks curated by Master Barista Giorgio Milos, including the brand’s proprietary innovation, Cold Brew Aria™, which creates delicious bubbly cold brew or regular cold brew, all from one simple dispenser.
Festival attendees can continue to enjoy unique illycaffè coffee experiences at several other events, including:
- Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Publix Culinary Demonstrations sponsored by Sub-Zero Group SoutheastAmong 50 plus food tastings, illy’s unique cold coffee experience featuring ready to drink coffees in addition to sampling its new compatible espresso capsules.Friday, February 21, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Saturday, February 22 & Sunday, February 23, 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Buddhas & BellinisTake a breather with a morning yoga session, followed by a refreshing illy Cold Brew Aria™ mocktail.Saturday, February 22 & Sunday, February 23, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Barilla’s Italian Bites on the Beach sponsored by HCP Media and the Miami Herald Media CompanyHosted by Giada De Laurentiis & Dario Cecchini, guests will delight in a smorgasbord of Italian eats with an extraordinary shot of authentic illy espresso or delicious ready to drink cold coffees.Thursday, February 20, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tribute Dinner honoring Marcus Samuelsson and Jim Clerkin presented by Capital One® part of The NYT Cooking Dinner SeriesAfter celebrating these two outstanding food and beverage pioneers, continue on to the late-night dessert lounge for Domori chocolate paired with a single origin illy Arabica Selection Ethiopia espresso, and other specialty desserts made with illy coffee by Loews Hotel Miami Beach’s Chef Frederic Delaire.Saturday, February 22, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Dinner hosted by Tomás Kalika and Francis Mallmann at Los Fuegos, Faena Hotel Miami Beach Partnering with perhaps one of the culinary community’s most fascinating and revered chefs, Francis Mallmann, Chef Kalika plans Baklava dessert paired with illy inspired coffee ice cream and mascarpone cheese cream.Wednesday, February 19, 7 p.m.-10 p.m.
All SOBEWFF® events are ticketed and available for purchase at sobewff.org. Be sure to follow illy on Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win select tickets to illy-participating events.