LONDON, UK – The International Coffee Organization (ICO) is organising on Thursday 28 January a virtual event to welcome the United Kingdom as a new member and to celebrate the launch of the Coffee Development Report 2020 (CDR2020). The event will be held together with the Government of the United Kingdom, marking the 49th Member to join the ICO, and will be attended by the Honourable, Victoria Prentis, MP and Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Farming, Fisheries and Food.
The CDR2020, the second edition of the ICO’s flagship report, will be launched at this virtual event and shared with ICO Members and the global coffee and development community.
The report titled, ‘The Value of Coffee: Sustainability, Inclusiveness, and Resilience of the Coffee Global Value Chain’, analyses the coffee sector through the lens of global value chains (GVCs).
It provides insights into the coffee GVC based on sound empirical analysis and fact-based policy recommendations to help coffee farmers and the whole coffee sector be sustainable, inclusive and resilient.
The CDR2020 was prepared by the ICO team with external contributors and through the support of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Here is the Agenda of the virtual event organised by the ICO
- 11:00 AM -11:45 GMT
- Welcome by moderator – John Muldowney, Chair of International Coffee Council 2020-21
- Statement by Victoria Prentis, Under Secretary of State at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Opening statement by José Sette, Executive Director, ICO
- Statement by Paul Rooke, Executive Director, British Coffee Association (BCA)
- Press questions
11:45 AM -1:00 PM GMT
- Introduction to the CDR, José Sette, ICO
- Presentation of the CDR and findings, Gerardo Patacconi, ICO
- Panel Discussion on the CDR2020
- Q&A with the audience
- Closing Remarks José Sette and John Muldowney
To learn more about the event: https://www.internationalcoffeecouncil.com/cdr2020.