MILWAUKEE, U.S. – The AAA-Four Diamond Pfister Hotel’s beloved afternoon tea experience has been a cherished tradition for many guests and locals alike in Milwaukee, Wis. for over 35 years. Now, guests can enjoy another season beginning September 6, 2019 through May 3, 2020.
Reminiscent of the 19th century, The Pfister’s afternoon tea offers an elegant experience perfect for friends and families looking to enjoy a traditional English afternoon in Milwaukee’s most luxurious hotel. The over 125-year old hotel has stood as an icon of prestige, history and timeless elegance, continuing to host some of the world’s most honored dignitaries.
The Pfister is known for housing the largest Victorian art collection of any hotel in the world, its renowned Artist-in-Residence program and its celebration of exceptional hospitality to all who walk through its doors.
The afternoon tea experience at The Pfister Hotel is unlike that of any other hotel. Complete with tradition, elegance and history, below are five reasons why all visitors and locals should engage in this popular tradition:
- The Pfister Hotel Tea Butler: Guests will be serviced by the hotel’s own Tea Butler, Juan Rodriguez, who has been the hotel’s tea butler for over three decades. During each seating, the Tea Butler will visit each table with a gueridon service trolley to explain the tea and origins of tea being offered, discuss table side blending options and educate guests on ways tea can affect mood and health. He will also offer tealeaf samples to guests so they may appreciate the distinctive aromas of each variety.
- A Lovely Presentation: Tea is delivered in a classic, all-silver service, including a replica of an 18th century self-tipping teapot with a tealight to keep it warm. To ensure that individual tea varieties are brewed to the correct temperature, individual brewing units are used for the different styles of teas.
- The Pfister Hotel’s Own Signature Blend: The Pfister Hotel is proud to offer a fine selection of Rishi Teas in 12 varieties with countless variations of flavors, including its signature blend, Pfister 1893. Exclusively crafted in 2013 in conjunction with Milwaukee-based Rishi Tea, Pfister 1893 features a blend of jasmine and wild rose-scented white teas infused with rejuvenating peppermint and calming lavender.
- Traditional Sandwiches, Delicious Scones and Savory Finger Foods: Executive Chef Brian Frakes creates a special menu for nibbling on dainty English finger foods. The “Victorian” menu includes cucumber sandwiches with dill Chantilly, herb roasted turkey crepes with red onion marmalade, Scottish smoked salmon served with dill cream and black bread, fresh mini scones, raspberry milk chocolate tarts and fresh macarons. Young ladies and gentleman can enjoy an “All Grown Up” menu featuring warm sipping chocolate, herbed chicken salad tartlets and Vermont ham and cheddar finger sandwiches. Fine selections of Veuve Cliquot or Veuve Cliquot Rose are also available.
- A View Fit for a Queen: This elegant tea tradition is located in Blu, on the 23rd floor of the hotel, which offers the finest panoramic views of the city’s skyline to complete the lavish high tea experience. Additionally, a pianist and cozy crackling fireplace set the stage for a delightful afternoon experience on a cool autumn or snowy winter day.
“We are delighted to bring back this timeless tradition for families and friends. Not only is The Pfister’s afternoon tea a special experience for all, but it creates lifelong memories that many cherish year after year. For those looking for a respite during the busy upcoming holiday season, or an engaging activity to enjoy with both young and older generations, we encourage everyone to give our high tea experience a try,” said Tim Smith, general manager of The Pfister Hotel.
Seatings are available Friday – Sunday at 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. September 6, 2019 – May 3, 2020. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (414) 935-5950 or through the website. Also, new this year, the afternoon high tea experience is now available for groups and private parties seating up to 30 people. Group reservations can be reserved by contacting Brenda Simonis at (414) 298-3120 or at email@example.com.
Please visit The Pfister Afternoon Tea for more information on menu selections and pricing.