CANTON, Mass., U.S. – Dunkin’ has introduced new enhanced measures to preserve the safety of its guests, restaurant employees, and communities, the company announces in an updated shared on its web site. The update reads as follows:
As we continue to navigate the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic together, the health and safety of our guests, restaurant employees, and communities we serve remains our top priority.
As circumstances evolve, you may notice your experience at our restaurants looks a little different. That’s because we and our franchisees are taking enhanced preventative measures at Dunkin’ restaurants nationwide, in accordance with the expert guidance from public health officials, to help protect you and restaurant employees.
Read below for an overview of the latest preventative measures we’ve implemented against the spread of the pandemic as a brand:
- Eliminating all dine-in options: We’re currently limiting service to drive-thru, carry-out, delivery, and curbside pick-up, at select locations. All restaurants have closed their dining rooms and outdoor patios to prevent the congregation of customers.
- Encouraging mobile ordering and delivery: We encourage guests to order ahead with the Dunkin’ App or order Dunkin’ for delivery with Grubhub or other delivery partners, whenever possible, to limit person-to-person contact.
- Establishing health protocols for restaurant employees: We’ve implemented temporary brand standards requiring restaurant employees to wear single-use gloves, regardless of the task, and non-medical masks, with instructions on proper use and care. To encourage social distancing amongst restaurant employees, we continue to emphasize the importance of “work-circles” and maintaining a 6-foot distance. Franchisees have marked their floors with painter’s tape in six-foot increments.
- Helping to safeguard restaurant employee and guest interactions: We’ve implemented a temporary brand standard requiring installation of plexiglass as a physical barrier between restaurant employees and guests at the front counter of all restaurants open for carry-out. We also recommend that restaurant employees use trays to hand orders to guests at the drive-thru window.
- Extra cleaning precautions: Beyond our already stringent standards, franchisees have increased the frequency of handwashing and cleaning procedures, including disinfecting high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas at all stores. Some locations are reducing their hours of operation to allow extra time for deep cleaning and sanitation processes in the evening. We’ve also mandated that all franchisees and their employees retake online food safety and hygiene training courses.
- Protecting guests in-store: We temporarily suspended our refillable travel mug program and eliminated stir-sticks from the condiment stations. Franchisees have placed markings on store floors, spaced six feet apart, where guests can maintain social distancing while standing in line waiting for carry-out.
- You have been there for us as loyal guests showing your passion and love for the brand. We’re committed to being there for you, serving you in the safest way possible based on recommendations from health officials. We’ve got your back.