BOGOTÁ, Colombia – In an effort to promote direct coffee sales and increase the income of producers, starting today, anyone with prior registration as a coffee exporter will be able to export Colombian coffee in small quantities via international shipping and express courier companies.
Who can Export Colombian Coffee?
All natural or legal persons previously registered as exporters.
How much coffee can be exported?
In accordance with the International Coffee Organization and the Customs Statute, direct exporters can now export up to 60 kilos of green coffee, 50.4 kilos of roasted coffee, 23 kilos of instant coffee or 23 kilos of coffee extract.
What steps must direct exporters follow?
Register on the National Register of Coffee Exporters at no cost and without the need for intermediaries.
Access the Online Store portal (www.portal.federaciondecafeteros.org) and follow these steps:
1. Create ad announcing the export sale
2. Pay the Coffee Contribution (online with debit card)
3. Print confirmation
4. Perform shipping (through international shipping and express courier companies)
* The estimated time from step 1 to step 3 is five minutes.
What shipping operators are authorized?
To date, the authorized international shipping and express courier agencies are: DHL, DEPRISA, FEDEX, SERVIENTREGA and 4-72.
What are the benefits of the small quantity coffee export program?
· Simplifies the registration process
· Simplifies the quality control process
· Facilitates the payment of the Coffee Contribution
· Ensures direct delivery to the final customer or consumer abroad
For further questions, please contact the Colombian Coffee Growers Federation at (57-1) 3136600 extensions 1617, 1556 and 1177 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.