MILAN – Costa Coffee stores are to go cashless and have no in-house seating in the Uk due to the Covid-19 outbreak. The string of measures was announced in a statement from the company’s CEO Jill McDonald. As part of wider measures on “social distancing”, the company said it would also be stocking a “more limited” food range, and added that all drinks and food would be served in takeaway cups and containers.
Here are the main points of the statement issued by the company:
- All stores will be cashless and will only accept card payments.
- All seating areas will be removed from use in stores to support government guidance on social distancing, however, our toilets will continue to be open for customers.
- Costa will serve all drinks in takeaway cups and food in takeaway packaging, ‘dine-in’ crockery will not be available.
- Costa won’t be able to serve drinks in a reusable cup in our stores but they will honour the 25p discount if you bring in your own cup.
- All stores will temporarily remove newspapers as the staff cannot clean them in between each customer handing them.
- All stores will also have a more limited food range but they will be sure to stock Costa Coffee favourites and make sure they have choice available for all dietary requirements and preferences.
- All Drive-Thru lanes will remain open as usual for those customers in vehicles but internal seating areas will be closed.
- Costa Express machines continue to operate up and down the country as normal for those customers on-the-go.