MILAN — Café de Colombia announces the auction of the best coffee lots of the country at the SCA in Boston. This year’s 4th Quality Competition “Colombia, Land of Diversity” winners will be auctioned for the first time abroad on Saturday April 13 at the Specialty Coffee Expo in Boston.
Café de Colombia is the brand representing the work, care, and passion of 540,000 Colombian coffee growing families. With a special program developed for this year’s event, Café de Colombia will showcase the country’s diverse offering of coffees throughout the show.
Visitors can experience Colombian coffee greatness at booth 709, attend the presentation “Theory of Change”, attend cupping sessions of specialty micro-lots, and participate in the first live auction of Colombian specialty micro-lots abroad. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet the country’s most iconic and internationally recognized coffee grower Juan Valdez.
The Colombian Coffee Growers Federation (FNC) is a nonprofit organization that represents more than 540,000 coffee growing families. Its mission is to ensure the wellbeing of the Colombian coffee growers.
The Quality Competition is one the events the FNC organizes to promote the wellbeing of the coffee growers. The competition is open to all Colombian coffee producers who own their own farm.
A national jury tests and selects the coffees based on physical and cup quality after which an international jury further narrows down the selection to find Colombia’s best and most unique coffees. The competition gives small producers the chance to connect with the international coffee world.
Café de Colombia will be exhibiting at the Specialty Coffee Expo, taking place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, from the 11th to the 14th of April 2019, (Booth 709).
Friday 12th of April
• Presentation: by Carolina Castañeda, Director of FNC Europe, Theory of Change, 11:30 – 12:30, in Room 253B
• Cupping session of the lots that will be auctioned: 15:15 – 16:15, at Café de Colombia booth 709
Saturday 13th of April
• Cupping session of the lots that will be auctioned : 12:00 – 13:00, at Café de Colombia booth 709
• Colombia’s first live auction abroad: the top 20 lots of Colombia’s 700 best coffees will be auctioned, 15:00 – 18:00, Room 210c
Due to limited space at the auction, we kindly ask you to let us know if you are coming by replying to both of the following emails:
• Marcela Viva: email@example.com;
• Johan Grajales: firstname.lastname@example.org.