MELBOURNE – Craig Dickson, Managing Director of Veneziano Coffee Roasters calls it a day with his intention to stand down from the AustralAsian Specialty Coffee Association (AASCA) organising committee, including his role as president, effective as of the Annual General Meeting December 2, 2013.
Hesitant to let go of a good thing, Dickson says, “I regret that due to time and work factors I must sacrifice a responsibility that I am really passionate about and one that continues to raise the profile of the specialty coffee industry in Australia”.
“However, I’m also extremely proud of the achievements AASCA has made in the three years I’ve been active in the committee and as its president”, he recalls.
Recapping some milestone events achieved by AASCA during this period:
* Most notably, in an Australian first AASCA under Craig’s direction created the MICE concept – the country’s first international coffee expo which serves as a platform for hosting world events, resulting in successful bids to host World Barista and World Brewers Cup Championships 2013 and World Latte Art, World Coffee in Good Spirits and World Cup Tasters Championships in 2014
* Maintaining high standards for national coffee competitions, including the judging competencies of volunteers, to foster some great barista talent and raise the profile of the barista profession as well as raise the profile of Australia’s specialty coffee scene in the world arena
* Securing sponsors that complement the global specialty coffee environment as well as the domestic scene
* Implementing an improved and more user-friendly website and social media platforms; and more.
“It’s been both challenging and rewarding and I’d like to thank all my industry peers that I’ve had the pleasure to work with in order to achieve all that we have in this period of AASCA’s operation”, Dickson explains.
“I can say that I’m pleased and ready to hand over to the next committee an AASCA that stands in a great position and I’m looking forward to seeing the developments of the next phase as they occur”, he concludes.
– AASCA President 2011 – 2013
– AASCA Sponsorship Manager 2010 – 2011
– AASCA accredited judge – 10 years
– World certified coffee competition judge – 4 years
– Managing Director, Veneziano Coffee Roasters
Source: press release